As I’ve recently been to Oslo, I asked the most famous food writer from Norway and an absolute expert in Oslo Anders Husa @andershusa to share his Oslo recommendations.
Follow his Insta for the best tips in Scandinavia and beautiful photography.
1. Maaemo at Grønland 2. À L’aise at Majorstuen 3. Bokbacka at Frogner 4. Kontrast at Vulkan 5. Omakase Oslo in the city center 6. Astral at Lilleborg
1. Sentralen in the city center 2. Smalhans at St. Hanshaugen 3. Arakataka near Grünerløkka 4. Bass in Grünerløkka 5. Brutus at Grønland 6. Happolati in the city center
BISTROS AND BRASSERIES
1. Le Benjamin in Grünerløkka 2. Fyr Bistronomi near Majorstuen 3. Publiko near Majorstuen 4. Vaaghals near the Opera house (traditional Norwegian food in a modern setting) 5. St. Lars at Bislett (Oslo’s meat haven) 6. Kolonialen at Bislett 7. Brasserie Ouest at Frogner
1. Tranen (pizza) 2. Lofthus Samvirkelag (pizza) 3. Illegal Burger 4. Troys (burger) 5. Al Pastor (tacos)
THIRD WAVE COFFEE
1. Tim Wendelboe in Grünerløkka 2. Supreme Roastworks in Grünerløkka 3. Java at St. Hanshaugen 4. Mocca at Briskeby 5. Fuglen in the city center (also a vintage store, it’s like entering the 1960s) 6. Talor & Jørgen 7. Stockfleths (any of them, but Lille Grensen, Prinsens gate, and Gamlebyen are particularly beautiful)
1. Himkok in the city center 2. Torggata Botaniske in the city center 3. Andre til Høyre in the city center 4. Bettola in Grünerløkka
1. Territoriet 2. Bar Lardo 3. Merkur Bar 4. Gurken Gurken Gurken Gurken (yes, 4x)